Globetrotting through my blogs

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Bloating Bangalore

After seeing the never ending crowd and the non stop traffic on roads of Bangalore, all I can say is that Bangalore is bloating, bloating beyond its capacity. This is probably the fate of any big city maturing into a metropolitan. I just realised a paradox about the city. Bangalore in incidentally popular for its software companies. While the prices of computers are known to be halving every 18 months, at the same time the real estate and the house rents are doubling at the same pace!

I was quite astonished to see the increase in rents in just a period of 18th months. Anyways, I am used to it now. I used to get to know from a friend that the traffic situation is getting worse, especially on the dreaded Hosur road, which I was scared about as there was a possibility that I would have to travel on that road. Fortunately for me, that didn't happen and the commute is much shorter and easier these days. That is definitely a reason to be happy about in Bangalore!

2 Comments:

  • Well, I am a Bangalorean living in Hyderabad.I am dying to be back in B'lore but from what you are saying means there will be a lot of changes in the past 3 years. So should I come back and get back into the same rat race everywhere? ....ummm....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 07, 2006 9:59 PM  

  • Struggles are many, but still I like to be in Bangalore....

    To sum it up probably, if you want to be back in Bangalore, be ready to shell out more money, more time and have more patience!

    By Blogger Rajit, at September 19, 2006 5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home