Globetrotting through my blogs

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Evidence of Globalization

We have been reading about how globalization has set in and how Indians are leading the wave and what not. Supporting evidences have typically been the market capitalization by the western brands and businesses in India, and the huge presence of Indians in the west.

Look at the following picture taken at Columbus Circle in New York during the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade.

Do you notice anything "out of place" in the picture? I didn't notice it either while I took the picture. But later while checking the snaps taken from my NY trip, I was quite surprised by the "Hindi Advertisement" on top of the NY yellow cab! Well, I understand that Indians are everywhere and a big number of NY cab drivers are Indians, but an American Airline company advertising in Hindi in New York? Can't ask for a better evidence of the flattening world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home